Senior Software Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
SABRE is Stanchart's Analytics Booking and Risk Engine and is the strategic risk and PnL platform for Financial Markets. The development team is a world class technology group in Standard Chartered bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business as well as support requirements from other projects with a wider scope such as regulatory books of work. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture in SABRE is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
As a senior java developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in London and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations.
The Role Responsibilities
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort
- Any data and compute grid experience a plus
- Functional programming experience a plus
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system or working on processes to improve the control of the platform.
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Make sure that all software is incorporated into the CI/CD process in SABRE.
- Be a self-starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software
Our Ideal Candidate
Qualification & Skills Technical skills:
- C#/WPF/LINQ/MVVM (essential).
- Many years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
- Rx is a strong plus.
- Experience with a Third-Party Controls (i.e. DevExpress) is a strong plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
- Financial Market domain knowledge
- Experience/familiarity with control processes for FM platforms.
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Derivatives business is a plus
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong WPF/C# skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large-scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .