EC1 Partners are working closely with a disruptive FinTech start-up. Their market leading AI technology provides a faster, yet smarter way to leverage financial intelligence. With initial seed funding secured of $2.5m in 2019, and over 100% YOY growth since, they are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is interested in working in the world of fintech, capital markets & investments.
- Taking the technical lead on major projects and their deliveries
- Move freely between their web application stack, cloud computing infrastructure and ML/AI serving & development systems as per your interests and the open projects.
- Write code delivering new service functionality, implementing API’s, data routing/processing, automation, and deployment mechanisms.
- Continually improve on the codebase taking the chance to automate, refactor and document when you can.
- Development and engineering primarily on the backend services and infrastructure.
- Clear and frequent communication outwards to the wider team on project progress and potential blockers
- Identifying and take initiative to implement process improvements within engineering.
- 5+ years prior experience in the role of Software Engineer
- Experience with Linux systems, containerization, cloud services (desirable)
- Can effectively plan and reason about your software, understanding where it fits into our systems and the business
- Can think about how data will pass through your software; from persistent storage through to API endpoint
- Experience with Python and its web frameworks (currently use Flask, and are moving to FastAPI)
- Familiar with how to write SQL statements for retrieving data
- Be able to collaborate with business colleagues and other engineers
- Code Quality: Through writing testable, maintainable code, and by engaging in code review or your own work and for reviewing others