- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Nov 17
Senior Software Engineer - Business Discovery Group
Location: London, England, United KingdomAs innovation in financial technology -- or FinTech -- accelerates, our customers operate in a more complex and challenging landscape. In response, Moody's Analytics must anticipate the impact of developments that will lead to change in our business but also present growth opportunities in the years ahead. This requires exploration of initiatives that will improve the prospects of our company over a multi-year horizon.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic software professional to join our Business Discovery group who's objective is to start-up innovative new business ideas and incubate them on their way to market.
An Associate Director - Senior Software Engineer in our Business Discovery Group is seen as an expert in 1 or more technologies within the software engineering field:
- Act as Dev lead for an entire release
- Works with the Business Discovery team to help to develop and conceptualize new solutions.
- Works with the Business Discovery team and others to define and run market experiments to determine customer demand and solution viability.
- Interprets User Stories in collaboration with others
- Takes ownership for the implementation of solutions based on those User Stories
- Takes leadership in demonstrating the benefits of modern software development and ops techniques
- Extracts libraries and services which can be reused by others in the company.
- Fixes any defects found
- Prepares automated build packages and install scripts
- Helps investigate problems reported by clients
- Conduct training sessions and knowledge sharing across the teams
The Moody's Analytics - ERS Business Discovery Group (BDG) has the objective to start-up innovative new business ideas and incubate them on their way to market.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Master as a plus.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented designing and programming.
- Significant professional software development experience on multi-tiered or Cloud enterprise applications.
- A strong understanding of and a preference for Agile/Lean software development methodologies
- Known to be an expert in one or more technologies; sought out for advice in those area(s).
- Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong skills in unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Strong knowledge of SOA and Web Service standards
- Quickly learns new technologies; is motivated to learn latest technologies and share this knowledge with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a stream, but focus is engineering rather than line management
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Has superb analytical and problem solving skills
- Is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Consistently displays good presentation skills
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure) or Machine Learning approaches an advantage.
- Experienced in other tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA etc.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.