Senior Software Engineer - C++
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Investment Technology Group (UK)
- 02 Oct 18
ITG is looking for an intellectual and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer – C++ to join our Global GATE Trading Systems team.
Are you looking for technical challenges while acquiring domain knowledge in the exciting world of high-speed electronic order routing at a leading electronic brokerage firm?
We are looking to expand our team of capable, experienced, innovative, and results-oriented developers. If you have the acumen for diving deep into complex and highly optimized systems, and would like to work on a high speed and high throughput trading system across three continents, this is the right opportunity for you.
Investors around the world receive better returns because of the work we do every day. From traders to technologists and everyone in between, ITGers are passionate about innovating, solving problems and making an impact on the bottom line. Our teams set the bar high and strive to consistently provide best-in-class service to institutional investors around the world.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop ITG’s global order routing systems; the highly optimized distributed trading system supports all of ITG’s electronic order routing needs (equity, derivatives and other asset classes)
- Provide cutting edge low latency solutions for large institutional clients while keeping up with the fast changing regulatory landscape
- Maintain ownership on all aspects of the system to ensure system stability
- Work in conjunction with application and infrastructure support teams
- Define business requirements based on direct interactions with different stakeholders
- Monitor new features as they start getting used.
- See the big picture, help steer the company in the right direction and keep-up to date with best practice
- Provide second line of support in GMT time zone
WHAT YOU BRING WITH YOU:
- Master’s degree and at least five years of relevant experience
- Strong skills in C++ including design and development experience (at least 5 years)
- Background in Linux/UNIX/Solaris preferred
- Perl or other scripting languages advantageous
- Experience with SQL and databases advantageous
- Experience with entire development life cycle advantageous
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to effectively solve complicated development problems
- A demonstrated concern for accuracy and detail
YOU’RE JUST RIGHT FOR ITG IF YOU WANT:
- Exposure to different technologies, such as C++, Linux, low latency, kernel bypass, cloud and high-performance storage
- Projects with quick life cycles, from concept to client in three months
- A smaller team environment with 3-8 professionals
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on all sides of the business
- The energetic dynamism of financial markets
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance
- A company that is committed to giving back to surrounding communities, from London to New York and Hong Kong and 11 locations in between