Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack (Node.js/React)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BGL Group Limited
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team building our React framework. You'll be part of a team building a core library of components that are used across all of our products. You'll have a passion for quality and performance and consider other teams as your internal consumers.
We don’t just think of a engineer as just about the technical skills you have; it’s also the way you work and the culture and practices you bring, we are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so, if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
- Are you the kind of engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
- Want to build code you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work?
- You're a passionate engineer who is able to work effectively with other people.
- You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the coolest new tech.
As a CtM engineer, you will have and be involved in:
- Good working knowledge of OO and design patterns
- Experience in Agile, including Lean, XP and Scrum
- An unrivalled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- Work in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing and mobbing
- Be in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas with monthly personal development
- Enjoy career progression that you own and drive
- Be responsible for the code you write and getting it live to customers with a test first deploy often approach (Build it, Run it, own it)
You will have:
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
- Experience with tools such as Webpack
- Dedication to deliver high quality well tested software.
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary are competitive and comprehensive. As a part of the BGL group you'll enjoy a contributory pension, life assurance, a progressive workplace, free weekly team breakfasts, great facilities (including a great coffee machine, pool table and tennis table) and rewards as well as a range of other benefits that you would expect from a great employer.
Perhaps most importantly, you will have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.