Senior Software Engineer - Sell Side Pre-Trade
Sell-Side Pre-Trade connects traders with the electronic markets. We are responsible for high-quality, high-stability and high-performance enterprise trading applications that investment banks depend on to do business. We support a wide range of electronic trading workflows, including high-throughput price dissemination to trading venues; low-latency trade negotiation; and intelligent tooling to help traders make informed decisions and act rapidly and automatically in the financial markets. Major projects that we're currently working on:
To support our future growth, we are transforming our applications' architectures as we migrate from a mainframe to a cluster-based architecture. Rather than a plain migration, we are taking this opportunity to reimagine our architecture as we move. There are many opportunities to influence and have impact on this design process.
We are also broadening the range of financial products we can support, which will increase the appeal of our system to clients, and challenge engineers to adapt the system to handle very diverse financial instruments in a robust and scalable way. What's in it for you:
Who are you?
- The opportunity to make your mark on a large and dynamic system: we encourage everyone to take ownership of system components, and drive their development.
- Being part of the full development cycle: our engineers are involved in the entire process from inception to ongoing maintenance, in close collaboration with our product, quality assurance and support partners.
A hands-on developer who is interested in full-stack development, who can work well both in our highly collaborative environment and independently. You are keen to work with the team on designing and implementing a stable, scalable and high-performing product that is easy to maintain. You'll need to have:
- Proven experience programming in an object-oriented language
- Experience with enterprise systems
- A commitment to developing maintainable and quality software in conjunction with automated tests
- Strong communication skills and experience partnering with stakeholders throughout the development process
- No previous knowledge of finance necessary
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!