Senior Software Engineer (C# .Net)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Man Group
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Who are FRM? Man FRM is part of Man Group, and provides a full range of investment services and capabilities to help clients invest in and maximise the benefits they receive from hedge funds. FRM works with clients in a variety of ways from managing portfolios of hedge funds on a discretionary basis to sharing our global resources, data and analytical tools with our clients' internal teams.
The FRM dev team is responsible for the continued growth, evolution and support of the systems that are essential to FRM's ongoing success, by collaborating with hedge fund professionals across fund manager research, quantitative analysis, client services and investment operations.
The team works to improve our technology stack as we go, refactoring or replacing systems that fail to meet our standards, and creatively introducing new technologies to meet business goals. This is the ideal time to join our efforts, as we move to technologies such as .NET Core, ASP.NET Core Web API, scalable micro-services, and HTML5. We work closely with the other dev teams at Man, sharing ideas, discussing technical solutions, and collaborating on shared libraries for common problems.
It's not just code that we seek to improve; to ensure we're frequently delivering robust systems to our users we are improving our practices with greater emphasis on Agile delivery, user story definition, BDD, DevOps, and modern platform monitoring techniques.
If being part of this sounds interesting and you've got the core skills, then get in touch to find out more.
What we'd like you to have
- A deep understanding of C# .NET (4.6+)
- SQL Server development experience
- A history of Agile delivery, from solution design through to user adoption
- Experience with at least one testing framework
- A can-do attitude, and a real passion for delivering quality software
- A drive for continuous improvement in all areas of your work
- Curiosity about new technologies and development approaches
- Confidence in your abilities and ideasThe candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert on the business domains in which they are working and to independently produce requirements, using these to drive technical designs. The role will have direct business exposure to both the front office and support areas comprising Operations, Risk and Compliance - therefore it is critical the candidate has a genuine interest in using technology to solve business problems of all types and size, an aptitude to learn and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong academic record to degree-level from a leading university
- Intellectually robust with a keenly analytic approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with traders, fund managers and senior business people alike
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes price in engineering excellence and instils these values in others