Senior Solution Architect (Data/Market Regulation) Emagine is a global professional services consultancy and solutions firm. Our London & Paris offices specialise in driving innovation of technology and business for the banking and financial services sector. We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to join our Technology practice on an array of large-scale transformation programmes. We are looking for Senior Solutions Architects that bring an innovative touch and can come in and design solutions for Global Trade and Transaction Reporting, such as Dodd Frank, EMIR, SFTR, MIFID, and other regulatory obligations.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to improve (digital) products continuously in line with Digital Principles and architecture goals
- Support teams and work streams in identifying and designing suitable architectures in different layers e.g., enterprise architecture, data architecture, solution architecture, technology architecture.
- Manage and maintain requests for comments (RFCs), architectural decision records (ADRs) and risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies (RAIDs)
- Collaborate with other architects to define architectural goals and standards and manage temporary solutions and technical debt remediation
- Play an active role in consulting product owners on translating objectives and key results into backlog items and include architectural improvements into the roadmap.
- Drive architecture, standards and guidelines aligned to the data strategy
- Lead cultural change for Azure cloud adoption and develop a cloud strategy
- Comprehend business strategies and requirements, and develop the necessary designs and plans to ensure projects and solutions satisfy those needs
- Guide implementation teams to successful delivery using industry best practice patterns and principles
- Work closely with developers and programmers although your role will be to guide high-level decisions throughout the design and implementation process
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years working as an architect for data-centric systems, including experience with solutions on Cloud.
- Proven delivery of Data Warehouse, Data Lake or Data Streaming solutions ideally within the Finance Sector
- Proven track record managing of complex and diverse tasks, while meeting key objectives and timelines
- Strong active listening and communication skills to build networks and partnerships at all levels
- Experience/ understanding of data streaming and how it can fit into real-time reporting and data processing environment.
- Strong knowledge of f2b trade lifecycle execution, data management and security.
- Understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by common software development life cycle, spanning code source control to release workflow including CI CD
- Experience architecting and delivering global digital platforms and products using a range of agile frameworks, methodologies and tools, along with knowledge about which methods to apply when
- Experience of the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, Cassandra, HTFS, Kafka, Spark Flink, Map Reduce, Hive, Parquet, Yarn, Sentry, Kerberos, Impala, Zookeeper, Solr, Avro etc.)
- Experience with cloud technologies (MS Azure or AWS) and enabling cloud-native solutions for Banking and Financial Systems.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, container orchestration (Docker, PKS) and infrastructure as code (Terraform)