Senior Storage Engineer – Infrastructure Services – Internal Services – London or Regional – 6 months FTC
An exciting opportunity to support Deloitte Storage platforms
The Infrastructure Services Storage team provides storage, archive, backup/recovery services and solutions for the Deloitte UK practice. There are several storage and recovery platforms to manage, with over 6 PBs of capacity across multiple data centres.
This role demands a previous Storage technical background, coupled with experience of working with the demands of a large enterprise. The Senior Storage Engineer will report to and work closely with the Storage Infrastructure Manager and other colleagues to ensure an excellent level of service is provided to the business, dealing with incidents, service requests and planned changes. Finally, the role demands the ability to balance an operational remit whilst facilitating volumes of project work.
This position requires a flexible approach to working hours and the eventual mandatory joining of a 24x7 on-call-rota
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
The role will include but not limited to the following:
Your work, your choice
- Perform daily SAN Storage operational tasks, Aggregate/Volume/LUN/space provisioning, monitoring, troubleshoot issues (e.g. latency, performance etc....), and initiate corrective action.
- Maintain Storage capacity in-line with the firm's requirements and create documentation/knowledge base articles for other support members/teams to follow.
- Perform problem management and incident correlation on re-occurring issues; suggest and document workarounds and solutions.
- Maintain Storage Systems CMDB assets.
- Work with vendors where necessary to maintain software and hardware keep within supported versions.
- Configure, administer and monitor all data is replicated were required to defined SLA, RPO and RTO's.
- Perform diagnosis, troubleshoot, and conduct root-cause analysis for any issues escalated on the storage and backup platforms within the Firm.
- Perform management of the backup implemented for clients; monitor backup jobs, execute restore jobs, troubleshoot failed jobs, and initiate corrective action.
- Be on call to act as a final level of escalation before resorting to vendor support.
- Effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London but we can also consider other locations (Milton Keynes, Cardiff, Leeds, Manchester, Gatwick)
Work pattern: Fixed Term Contract opportunity, Full Time Your professional experience
- Solid experience in a similar role and Enterprise organisation.
- Expert knowledge on storage hardware technologies, NetApp cDOT and/or IBM SVC/V7000 Block based platforms.
- Expert knowledge on backup Veritas NetBackup, NetApp SnapCentre Suite
- Expert knowledge of SAN fabric technologies, particularly Cisco MDS/Nexus SAN Fabric
- Expert knowledge of NetApp E-Series Hardware and Santricity.
- Strong Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of Storage Protocols such as CIFS/SMB/FC/iSCSI.
- Administration and Troubleshooting HPE Connected Backup
- Configuration and administration NetApp Unified Manager/NetApp OCI.
- Microsoft Clustering, Configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems including MSCS Storage dependencies.
- Microsoft DFS, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configuration and administration of IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights.
- Strong Knowledge of the following applications, Exchange, SQL and SharePoint.
- Strong knowledge of Hyper-V and VMWare and how it leverages Storage.
- Strong skills in scripting i.e. PowerShell, VBS and Perl.
Your service line: Internal Services
- NetApp NCDA or NCIE, Clustered Data Ontap.
- Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS) in NetBackup.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175400