Senior Systems Management Engineer (Monitoring), Internal Services - Leeds
The Systems Management Team are responsible for the monitoring, analytics and automation of the UK and Swiss infrastructure. Reporting to the Head of Operations the team's purpose is to provide the tools and data to proactively identify potential issues with infrastructure, applications and user experience with a bespoke set of monitoring tools. Using this data the team also provide expert insight on the health, capacity and performance of services to drive continuous service improvement using metrics and KPIs. The team is also responsible for infrastructure automation focusing on automating the most repetitive, laborious tasks using a range of orchestration and PowerShell scripting.
From design and development to support and maintenance of all Systems Management platforms including Cloud Monitoring, System Center Suite, SolarWinds and supplement technologies this role will serve as the technical authority in the team focusing on solutions' and processes' standardization delivering the monitoring strategy for the UK and Swiss estate
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
• Development and management of the team's tools - System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), SolarWinds Orion Platform and Azure Monitor
• Showing the way in monitoring and best of class solutions that improve Deloitte's monitoring, reporting and automation capabilities.
• Providing analytics for the day to day usage of management tool framework by Service Delivery teams ensuring systems are correctly and consistently used and the continual service improvement of these tools
• Design and deliver solutions using a mix of Management Pack authoring, Azure Monitor and SQL reporting/presentation.
• Take ownership for all technical documentation and processes including maintenance plans, periodical health reviews and CSI incentives.
• Managing regular updates to ensure Deloitte records are accurate including checks are performed on the Change Management Database (CMDB) and validate the integrity of platform assets by running weekly/monthly reports and ensuring appropriate changes are carried out
• Working in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Location
: Leeds, Milton Keynes, London Work pattern
: This is a permanent, full time contract opportunity Your professional experience
• Expert level experience with Cloud Monitoring (Azure and AWS) utilising toolsets (Azure Monitor, OMS Log Analytics, Kusto and CloudWatch) as well as on premise monitoring with System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM 2016/Current Branch)
• Strong technical background with experience in a wide range of Server platforms/OS's and server-side applications. (HP Servers and Cloud technologies, Microsoft Server Operating Systems - All versions)
• Strong experience in PowerShell scripting, SQL querying and reporting (SSRS), table building
• Desired experience in utilising SolarWinds toolset (including NPM, VMAN, SRM, NCM, NTA modules)
• MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016
• Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
• TIL Foundation V3 Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we're all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Practice Support Services, Quality & Risk Services, IT Services, and Workplace Services & Real Estate, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 173275