- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Tax Analyst
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role / Responsibilities:
- Assist with preparation of quarterly calculations of current and deferred tax provisions for US GAAP reporting. Reconciliation of statutory to management reported tax for GAAP adjustments
- Assist with preparation of UK Corporation tax returns
- Preparation of the UK VAT Returns and UK EC Sales Lists
- Preparation of PAYE Settlement Agreements for companies in the UK group
- Assist with day to day VAT and withholding tax queries from other departments
- Upkeep of the Tax payment and Tax Return calendar
- Assist the EMEA Tax Department as required with special projects including tax research and other initiatives.
The Department / Team:
The focus of the role is to assist with Corporation, VAT, PAYE and withholding tax issues in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Region. The role is based in London and will include a mixture of tax compliance and project work. The position offers a good opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in a career in tax to be involved in a wide range of issues, covering multiple countries, within a global company.
- Relevant tax experience; specifically related to corporate and VAT (preferably in a large multi-national company or in a major accounting firm).
- AAT/ ATT (or equivalent qualification) is preferable.
- An understanding of US GAAP would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of a major financial system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.