NP Group are working with Synechron to recruit a Senior Technologist.
Synechron is a leading digital business consultancy firm and technology solution provider focused on the financial services industry, working to Accelerate Digital initiatives for banks, asset managers, and insurance companies around the world. We deliver enterprise-scale business transformation programs for our clients and our employees are at the heart of driving that change.
We work on some of the most exciting initiatives for our clients to help them transform their businesses for the 21st century. Whether it's Building an Enterprise-Grade Regulatory Reporting Platform for a Global Asset Manager, creating an end-to-end cloud infrastructure for a Tier 1 Global Bank or partnering with leading FinTechs on exciting, new engagements leveraging cutting-edge technologies, we can promise no day is the same.
Synechron offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and we are looking for driven individuals, who want to be a part of our growth journey as one of the leading consultancy firms in the UK and around the world. To do this well, we need the best people to help us reach our goals and become a part of our winning team.
We are looking for a Senior Technologist to lead and collaborate with our financial services clients on the best way to deploy and optimise technology. You will be working closely with senior leadership, providing digital thought leadership whilst growing and building our end-to-end Technology Consulting capabilities, with a specific focus on Data, Cloud (GCP and Azure) and cutting-edge technologies. You will also play a key role in leading the technology strategy for the region, acting as a key technology figure, and making recommendations on technical solutions for our clients’ requirements. Along with this, you will also be responsible for creating and executing project/programme plans and getting the projects/programmes off the ground. This is an exciting and dynamic role where you will work on multiple initiatives for a wide range of financial services clients, liaising with teams across our 22 global locations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a technology expert with experience in leading and driving major digital adoption agendas internally as well as externally with clients
- Delivering and maintaining a cloud and digital-first strategy focused on customer excellence whilst maintaining strong delivery
- Defining a regional strategy with Cloud Alliance partners and leveraging these technologies within our clients’ organisations
- Designing and executing projects plans, and project initiation
- Developing and leading high-performing teams, working with other practice and sector leads around the world
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of operating as a technology leader in a fast-paced customer-focused organisation, preferably in a B2B environment
- Previous experience in a regulated, Financial Services, banking, or professional services sector
- Ability to build, define and execute technology strategies through implementing substantial digital change and end-to-end transformation
- Highly proficient in cloud native technologies specifically Azure and Google Cloud Platform with demonstrable knowledge and experience of what good looks like
- Presentation skills with the ability to face off to C-level executives regularly, including CTOs, CIOs and CEOs
- Very strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent stakeholder and multi-stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to span and influence multiple functions, both within technology and across the broader business
You’re also excellent at….
- Getting the job done – You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are results-orientated
- Being part of a team – You are a team player who enjoys working with customers and sharing knowledge with your colleagues
- Going the extra mile – You’re ambitious and want to be the best in your field
- Having fun! – You have excellent social skills with a positive attitude
- Taking the lead – Proven leadership abilities and a desire to make an impact
What are the benefits?
- Being part of an ambitious global company driven by a strong futuristic and client-centric vision, with an entrepreneurial spirit by contributing to our mission
- A people-orientated culture of excellence and compassion, supported by a focus on strong career development, performance management, and robust coaching and mentoring support processes
- Support from and participation in Engagement groups such as Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR), Women in Business, LGBTQ and Wellness
- A fun, international environment, coupled with an open-door culture
- Global mobility with options to travel and work with other regions around the world