Senior Test Automation Specialist - Equity Swaps - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley's Quality Assurance team is looking for a Senior Test Automation Specialist who would be assisting the QA Lead in London to run this team.
Morgan Stanley’s Equity Swaps business is going through a major investment programme to enhance and extend its technology platform such that the business can scale. This programme includes front, middle and back office functions to provide an integrated, end-to-end platform for Swaps trade capture and deal management.
The Equity Swaps team owns several applications that form the strategic platform for the global Swaps business. There are some mature applications that are being renovated to support new business, regulatory requirements (e.g. Mifid2) and changes in our working environment (e.g. Brexit). These systems manage the trade workflow and integrate with other booking systems as well as downstream confirms, risk and regulatory reporting applications.
Reflecting the global nature of our business and systems, the team is distributed between London, New York and Pune. Our strongest location in terms of developer numbers is London, the ideal time zone for running a global team and where many of our business sponsors are also located.
The Quality Assurance (QA) is run from London but the testing team is located offshore in Pune almost entirely. QA activities include but are not limited to manual functional testing, GUI test automation and test environment management. Some areas to grow into are: performance benchmarking & monitoring and back-end test automation. We’re looking for a Senior Senior Test Automation Specialist who would be assisting the QA Lead in London to run this team.
- You will be an enthusiastic leader with experience working in a dynamic front office application development environment embedded within the development team with constant interaction product owners, business analysts and developers.
- You should have experience of the full SDLC, preferably in an agile environment with QA manager responsibilities and will be expected to promote best practices in terms of agile and iterative development coupled with a strong emphasis on QA.
- The role requires good collaboration with members within the wider global QA, development and Operations teams to manage functional, regression and full front to back testing.
- You should be able to demonstrate a track record of successful delivery leading your own projects or as part of a significant programme of change.
- With excellent communication, analytical and relationship management skills you should be comfortable operating at all levels within the organisation across development teams and senior business stakeholders.
- You should have prior application development and programming experience coupled with test automation, both on GUI and BackEnd.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1