Senior Transaction Management Officer – Trade Finance Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Scipion Capital (UK) Ltd
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Based in Mayfair, Scipion Capital is a leading London based Commodity trade finance firm is looking for a proactive individual to join its Operations team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for affirmation, confirmation and settlement of all trade activities generated by its Cayman based lending platform. As well as provide operational management for transactions that are active within its portfolio, providing bespoke monitoring and reconciliation models to suit each facility.
These activities will be completed in accordance with firm’s best practices and through the application of internal controls, operational processes and procedures as notified. The candidate will ensure that the COO is notified of all material service/risk items on a timely basis and work with the team to resolve these as a matter of priority.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the Trade, Commodity and/or Structured Trade Finance within an institutional or commodity trading house.
- Experience in Trade Finance/Documentary Credits and FX.
- High degree of technical knowledge, and significant experience in the use and interpretation of UCP600, URR725 and URC522.
- Excellent communication, presentation and PC skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- French an advantage.
- Responsible for pre-disbursement CPs/ operation / maintenance of Supply Chain finance facilities for a multi portfolio of commodities.
- Monitoring and Reconciliation of daily bank positions covering cash, collateral and futures. Responsible for all processing on all purchase and sale L/Cs including front-to-back, back-to-back, stand-by and guarantees.
- Establish, build and maintain open and productive relationships with banks / clients and 3rd party providers in London, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- To prioritise and deliver accurate information/instructions and reports to ensure efficient processing in a highly pressurised environment.
- Daily management of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance facilities covering a diverse basket of metal, minerals and softs/agri.
- Daily reporting and interaction with the external Administrator.
- Daily reporting to the COO/CIO.
- Processing pre-delivery and storage advances for commodities at origin, advances against shipping documents, storage at destination and invoice / receivable discounting.
- Monitoring quality and control of security and collateral at transactional and facility level.
- Engaging with collateral managers / warehouse keepers to ensure satisfactory stock positions maintained.
- Monitor equity positions with listed borrowers and guarantors.
- Ensuring terms and conditions of facilities are complied with and all limits, sub-limits, and transaction periods are adhered to.
- Monitor individual commodity exposure, overall country exposure (import/export) and net FX exposure.
- Reconciliation of client’s physical stock and futures positions with account and loan balances.
- Ensuring all correspondence with risk participants and insurers is accurate and compliant, participation amounts received, and risk fees and interest correctly calculated and disbursed.
- Liaise internally (front office, risk, credit, legal, payments, trade finance) and externally (CMs, legal, brokers, insurers, participants in syndicated facilities) to ensure efficient operation of the facilities.
- Checking / Authorising work produced within the Transaction Management team (payment instructions, stock release instructions, loan input on bank system, offer letters to risk participants, discount interest advices to customers).
- Working with banks in arrangement and operation of financing facilities.
Deadline for applications is 4 March 2018.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Please note that applicants must have the right / permanent right to work in the UK.