Senior Transaction Risk Manager - VP
Global investment bank seeks a Senior Transaction Risk Manager at VP level.
The team responsible for analysing and approving complex structured transactions and new activities predominantly initiated by Global Markets. Transactions and new activities analysed by have either new features or specificities that make them bespoke and therefore riskier than their standard / "vanilla" transaction counterparts
Job Description & Scope
We are looking for a senior team member to join us with market risk or structuring experience and have good product
knowledge in derivatives across various asset classes (FX/IR/Credit/EQD/Commodities).
The candidate will be able to identify, analyse the main risks of the transaction or activities under teams remit, in a qualitative and quantitative manner. Once ready, the Senior Transaction Analyst will be representing RISK in the various approval forums previously mentioned.
In particular, the candidate will:
- Be able to understand and take into consideration all business and transaction-related risks (market, credit, counterparty, regulatory, reputation, operational setup etc.)
- Assess and form an opinion on a given transaction in a holistic manner through gathering, if needed, expert opinions from the relevant teams on the various risks
- Ensure strong communication and co-ordination within all RISK teams in order to provide an holistic approach when on-boarding a request
- Provide a succinct yet sufficiently comprehensive written assessment of such risks and be able to articulate the same verbally
- Present RISK recommendations and opinions in all Validation and Approval Committees
- Understand the abilities and limitations of operational framework of the proposed transactions and provide solutions/ plans to try to accommodate the business request
- Participate in the definition of the risk management framework to support new business growth initiatives (e.g. Contingent M&A Derivative Hedges; Inflation repacks; Instruments related to acquisitions done by Global Markets; de-risking / distribution of risk strategies)
- Show a strong sense of responsibility, good understanding of the rules, ethical guidance, and express good judgement
The role involves strong interaction with the Front Office, Business Line representatives and other Functions so the ability to build and maintain a good, strong and constructive working relationship is essential.
- University graduate and/or post-graduate level required with solid work experience in finance, derivatives and/or structured products
- CFA, FRM, MBA, CQF or equivalent
- Ability to understand complex structures (through SPVs for instance); understanding of the implications of CSA/ISDA documentation is a plus
- Quantitative skills such as understanding of pricing or risk simulation
- Understanding of corporate/financial institutions financial statements and financing needs
- Ability to challenge ideas in a constructive way, ideally by proposing alternative solutions
- Market risk/ structuring knowledge in IR/FX, Credit Derivatives and/or EQD/Commodities
- Good general derivatives/primary markets product knowledge
- Counterparty/credit risk measurement understanding
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Very good writing and verbal communication
- Persuading & influencing soft skills
- Good time management and personal organisation
- Balance between Team spirit / Self-initiative
- Strive for excellence and knowledge
- Managerial experience
- Coding /Programming Languages (e.g. Python; R)
- Project management (lead or contributor); practical deployment of "The Lean" methodology
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.