Senior UI Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
Senior UI Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Tech and Operations - Equity Linked Technology
We are currently looking for a talented and dedicated Senior UI Developer to join our team in London. We are a diverse team currently made up of 6 highly skilled developers, 4 of which are based in New York and 2 being based in London alongside this position.
You will ideally have experience working with Risk and have dealt with applications written in C#. You will be a self-starter and will work off your own initiative, whilst being tasked with providing mentorship to more junior team members.
Equity Linked Technology is committed to attracting and retaining the best and the brightest technology talent from around the globe to support its efforts in establishing itself as an elite technology organisation.
You should complement the existing culture of continuous improvement combined with a real passion for technology and be motivated by implementing and owning real-world technology solutions in a dynamic front office environment.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Build and maintain User Interfaces across the Equities Risk and P&L space
- You will play a leading role in helping implement our long term vision to consolidate all of our end user applications on to web based platforms and to integrate with a wider strategy to provide a consistent user experience across the whole of Global Banking and Markets
- In addition to front end application development, there will also be the opportunity to work on a growing suite of Microservices which support these applications that are built on top of Quartz (the bank's integrated trading, position management, pricing and risk management platform)
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- HTML5 / CSS
- C# / .NET
- RESTful web services
- OpenFin / Electron
- Good analytical skills and excellent problem solver
- Ability to multi-task and work in a demanding, high-energy environment
- Investment banking IT experience is helpful
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Able to work within a global team
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment