Senior UX Designer - Core Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Core UX Design team is part of the Goldman Sachs Product Management Group, delivering great products that satisfy the firm's business needs and achieve adoption. Our design team has expertise in user research, interaction design, visual design, and front-end development. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team. As a member of the UX Design team, you will be responsible for playing a key role in designing complex data rich experiences across web, desktop & mobile for a variety of businesses at Goldman Sachs including Global Markets, Operations, Engineering, Research, Asset Management & Consumer Banking. -Alongside designing and delivering these experiences you'll play a key role in helping enhance our established design system and being an advocate for user experience across the firm.
UX Designers at Goldman Sachs get involved right across the design process - from engaging with stakeholders & working out what to build, to collaborating with highly skilled user researchers, business analysts, products managers and some of the world's best engineers to design and refine product concepts, seeing them through into production. You'll be adept at communicating with a variety of different stakeholders and able to convey ideas effectively to those audiences. Your passion for design and innovation will be infectious and you'll be able to demonstrate how you balance innovation & creative thinking with tight business constraints to provide solutions that drive real business value.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role will allow empower you to interact with multiple technology and business stakeholders to shape a diverse product set, design and develop business solutions, optimize business processes, and drive commercial outcomes
- Provide the opportunity to work as part of a global design team
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to identify product opportunities
- Define user experience strategies for established and green-field products
- Undertake user research and synthesise insights that inform product roadmaps
- Produce wireframes, user flows, prototypes, and production quality designs that effectively communicate design directions
- 8+ years industry experience in digital product design
- Experience designing and shipping large-scale product releases
- Passion for solving complex large-scale problems
- Experience working on enterprise platforms that leverage a large enterprise design systems
- Expertise in industry standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Adobe and Axure.
- Advanced Degree in Design, HCI, UX or a related field
- Financial services & enterprise experience