Senior UX Developer
Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team. Function
Sopra Banking Software is currently seeking a Senior UX Developer to join our DesignOps practice based from our London office. You will work closely with the existing UX Development team on a variety of Research and Development projects for our specialist financial services products. As an integral part of project teams you may be required to travel between Sopra Banking Software's offices or to customer sites as and when business requires. The Senior UX Developer's main responsibilities would be:
Profile Essential skills and technology experience:
- Being part of a team working on a cutting edge low-code platform
- Build, and maintain highly performant, modular, extensible, re-usable and functional front-end component and services
- Collaborating closely with designers to build a Design System for a variety of web and mobile applications
- Write clear, consistent, and comprehensive documentation
- Ensure that code is appropriately commented and organised in a manner accessible to the team.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Staying in touch with industry standards and new technologies
Beneficial skills and experience that we are willing to provide training on:
- Experience in delivering enterprise application using Angular
- Proficiency in modern CSS and pre-processors, like Sass. Experience in delivering modular, and maintainable CSS for large applications
- Experience working within TDD, and UI testing frameworks (i.e. Jasmine)
- Great team skills including the confidence to put your ideas across, even if the idea is initially unpopular, as well as the humility to admit when you are wrong
- Experience with Cross-Browser compatibility issues, browser testing and debugging
- Able to articulate design ideas to UI/UX Designer
- Experience building visual interfaces for web and mobile applications
- Be passionate about clean code and code quality
- Experience in designing and implementing responsive layouts
- Experience with State Management frameworks (i.e. NgRx)
- Experience developing inclusive, and accessible (a11y) web applications
- Experience with internationalisation (i18n) of enterprise applications
- Experience designing architectures which allow rapid iterations whilst considering future requirements; a big picture focus when planning and developing new applications and features
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and supporting technologies, such as CI/CD, Docker, & AWS is a bonus
- Knowledge of Analytics Solutions (i.e. Hotjar, Google Analytics, matomo)
- Any experience with native or mobile development is a bonus
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Market competitive salary