Senior User Experience Researcher, Deloitte Digital, London
Your opportunity Deloitte Digital is looking to hire their next design research leader.
We're looking for a seasoned design research professional to take our design research practice on to the next level. You'll have 5-8 years' experience in the field. As a senior you'll be keen to support and mentor our team of passionate, skilled and experienced researchers working within our Experience Design team.
We are especially interested in hearing from researchers with a background in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies with digital research backgrounds. You should be an expert in getting to the heart of the research question, thrive at understanding the complex and to be an engaging storyteller, bringing your insights into human behavior to life. Fundamentally though, we want someone who will thrive working with the largest and most complex organisations. Who embraces the unmatched opportunity for growth and development possible within the Deloitte Digital team. Your role
Design researchers at Deloitte Digital bring their curiosity, empathy and interpretive skills to bear on all aspects of our work. They bring bravery to challenge teams and get to the nub of the user need and requirement. Our team covers all phases of a project from definition of the need to continuous improvement of a live service. Our research is pragmatic and applied, enabling us to consult, advise, design and make decisions with clarity and impact. You will work alongside leaders for the other crafts within our design practice - Strategy, Service Design, UX Design, Visual Design and Front-end Development - to help shape the ongoing development of the design practice. This is a role that will offer you the opportunity to work with our teams, projects and clients with the customers and citizens we seek to serve.
Specific responsibilities include: Craft
- Designing research programmes that get to the heart of client challenge and help our solution design and delivery teams achieve successful outcomes
- Planning & costing stand-alone and embedded research activities
- Conducting research programmes
- Synthesising and communicating research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways
- Embedding research and testing into large, multi-program/feature delivery projects and establishing ways of working between the work-streams to ensure that insight is shared and used across the project
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and proven ability to use these two sources of insight in parallel to inform and develop findings
- Designing and delivering the design research elements of continuous improvements programmes, working with live platforms to help inform optimisation and enhancement strategies, usually alongside data insights specialists
- Collaborating with designers, strategists and technologists to turn research insights into meaningful solutions that have a real impact on our clients, their customers and society
- Client-facing advocacy for the purpose and value of user research
- Evolving our methods, tools and techniques for user research
- We'd be particularly interested in speaking to you if you have experience of running international research
Your work, your choice
- You're a design research thinker and shaper - you have a clear set of ideas and opinions about the craft, as it continues to evolve. You'll bring that to bear by supporting the your Head of Design Research across direction, capabilities and profile of the design research team, within Deloitte Digital and as part of the wider community of researchers across all Deloitte businesses.
- You will support the Head of Design Research insuring the Deloitte Digital design research practice has consistent, effective and up-to-date methods, tools & standards
- Contributing to the development of the wider community of research practitioners throughout Deloitte
- A commitment to ethical research methods, which you evangelise for and reflect in the practices of the design research team
- Understanding of GDPR and other compliance that impacts research
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Location
Based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London, with its legendary coffee machine and model train track, you'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond. Hours
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us Your professional experience
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these characteristics:
Your service line: Consulting
- A passion for learning about the world, human behaviour, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface
- The practised ability to tie observations from research to recommendations and actions
- Comfort with ambiguity and experimentation
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work
- Compelling written and spoken communication
- Strong planning, organisation and documentation skills
- An interest in multiple disciplines and approaches, and the ability to quickly dive into a new domain or process
- A collaborative nature, drawing motivation from effective teamwork
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL Tax SLTAXC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176519