Senior VAT Analyst
Senior VAT Analyst
Amazon's vision is to be Earth's most customer-centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Originally known as a bookseller, Amazon has dramatically expanded its range over the years to offer everything from DVD's to MP3's, Toys to Tools, Clothing to Computers and so much more.
Amazon's diverse internet business requires VAT filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic VAT analyst to join us at the heart of our European VAT compliance team. This is a well-established team based in the UK which is responsible for VAT compliance across the region as well as providing support to Tax colleagues and the wider business. The role will include accounting and VAT responsibilities including supporting internal and external audits.
You will be expected to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organization.
Working within the current EMEA compliance team:
• Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings;
• Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
• Prepare and submit ESL /ESPL, SAF_T returns as necessary
• Preparation and review of month-end account reconciliations
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
• Assist with mapping VAT processes and identify areas for improvement;
• Assist with VAT compliance queries from Amazon businesses operating across Europe; BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• A strong desire to exceed expectations
• Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail.
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on attitude.
• The ability to take ownership of their work, initiate and implement change and demonstrate a problem solving approach.
• Able to work to tight deadlines, and under pressure PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrable work experience working in a finance and/or technology function
• Part-qualified CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar credentials preferred
• Relevant accounting and/or VAT experience (public/private mix preferred)
• Experience of compliance in other European jurisdictions advantageous
In return, we will offer you an attractive package including basic salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.