Senior Valuations Analyst
- £70,000 - £80,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- B&FS Finance
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
A leading European Investment Bank is currently seeking a technical Valuations Analyst to join the team in their London office.
Valuations are part of a global team with hubs in Europe, Asia and the Americas. We are looking to hire an experienced Valuations Analyst to work in Valuations with a focus on the interest rates (YC’s and Volatility) the successful candidate will also be expected to be involved with a variety of other rates and credit products. Responsibilities will include:
- Helping with submission to MarkIT for interest rates products. Identifying where additional submissions would benefit price testing against the costs. Refine methods to reduce rejection rates while analysing results to produce valuable KPI’s for a wide range of interested parties across the bank.
- Price testing across Fixed Income, in particular IR & FX volatility as well as yield and inflation curves.
- Implementing new processes where responsibility is being transferred from another area, identifying and recommending improvements in all price testing methodologies in conjunction with Risk-GM.
- Work within a limited time frame as part of a team and product accurate month end corrections. This might require discussion and timely conclusions with the Front Office and Risk-IM related to the quality and accuracy of the reviews.
- Produce accurate reports highlighting coverage and results of IPV.
- Documenting methodologies for IPV proposed by Risk-GM whilst at the same time constructively challenging the present policy and looking for improvements.
- Various projects to automate and/or improve our systems with the assistance of IT.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Product Control teams, Front Office, Middle Office, Finance and Risk-GM.
- Contribute to other initiatives within the function, both within the region and in other locations.
- Sharing skills and ideas across the group along with providing occasional internal training for junior staff.
Essential Experience and must have skills.
- Strong product knowledge across a wide range of asset classes, especially interest rate derivatives.
- Particular strength in option & inflation products is required.
- A good understanding of present practice around collateralised and uncollateralised valuations.
- A good knowledge of the different consensus services available best practice regarding their use for price testing.
- Very strong IT skills are necessary with Excel, VBA & Access. Others are an advantage
- Technically strong in areas of financial mathematics complemented by knowledge of market practice.
- The ability to find workaround solutions in the time available.
- To bring new ideas/issues to the team related to all areas around pricing and risk managing.
- Personal Attributes:
- Ability to interact confidently at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail is essential especially when under pressure and time constraints.
- The ability to see the large picture and the impact your work has on the business.
- To be able to work as part of a team across valuations both locally and globally.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV through to email@example.com