Service Reliability Engineer
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Service Reliability Engineer Department overview:
Fitch Group is seeking a Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the Tech Enable and Deployment (TED) team within Fitch's IT Infrastructure Group. TED partners in the design, deployment, and automation of application services across Fitch Group.
Our team is composed of backend Core Engineers and service-focused Service Reliability Engineers. We look for talented individuals who love working in cloud environments and automating wherever they can. We strive to deliver reliability, advanced environments, automated pipelines, and necessary tooling to our engineering organizations. As a senior engineering organization within the infrastructure, TED team is well supported by Infrastructure Operations, Security, Enterprise, and Network Engineering teams. TED serve as subject matter experts in Automation Tooling, Linux and Cloud technologies across our company. Job Description:
Fitch is seeking a Service Reliability Engineer to embed with Fitch Ratings development in London. They will partner with Fitch Ratings Development and Operations to: design new services, move service builds forward, containerize services, provide advanced automation and DevOps Tooling, and provide outstanding operational engineering. Service provisioning requirements include: designing, writing, and implementing Pipeline specifications, bringing new technologies onboard as Development teams require, writing CloudFormation templates, and updating configuration management systems (Chef/Ansible).
The Engineer will support planning for complex releases and service updates. They are expected to deeply understand and support the environments they are responsible for, driving service improvement through metrics and analysis. Fitch Ratings have heavily invested in Docker and Kubernetes. SREs are pivotal in the transition to this containerized, microservice environment. They will be responsible for developing best practices and templates that all client teams can leverage. This role will be key for improving CI/CD automation and service deployment in general. In addition, they join their peers in Tech Enabled and Deployment team in overall environment design and support, including Level 3 on-call rotation. Position Requirements:
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- Tightly partner with Development groups to build and deploy better services
- Develop Operational targets and telemetry with Development clients
- Promote strong quality control practices through continuous integration and continuous deployment implementations using tools such as Sonar
- Responsible for application integration activities for monitoring tools using tools such as DataDog, SumoLogic and the alert integration with collaboration tools such as MS Teams
- Analyze software applications to identify vulnerabilities using tools such as JFrog Xray, Veracode, Sonar.
- Design and maintain infrastructure automation tools
- Production experience with Docker/Kubernetes at scale
- Design and evolve deployment systems and pipelines for reliability, security, and efficiency
- Gain deep understanding of supported services
- Implement system and service telemetry to improve reliability and availability
- Develop deep insight into application and service performance
- Execute on security best practices for cloud deployments
- Ensure system security through industry best practices
- Significant experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, Route53, ELB, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, etc.
- Strong experience working with Windows, Linux, IIS/.net, and Java environments at scale.
- Familiarity with APM and service telemetry environments
- Deep knowledge of Git and Jenkins or Bamboo
- Familiarity with Agile principles
- Experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Ability to script using PowerShell, Python, or bash.
- Understanding of containerization and experience leveraging Docker
- Solid knowledge of cloud security and best practices
- Solid background in network, storage and DNS services
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people of all levels of information technology expertise with a wide range of constituencies and organizational relationships
- Understanding of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies including agile
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience preferred
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page