Software Delivery ManagerABOUT OCTOPUS
Octopus is a fast-growing company with more than 600 employees. Since we launched in 2000, we've established market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Octopus Labs is the fintech innovation unit of the Octopus Group. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sitting within the Software Delivery Team, your aim is to deliver change by introducing software that can make the users' processes easier.
The purpose of the team is to help identify the problems people face on a day-to-day basis and to then use technical know-how to identify potential software solutions to make things better.
Octopus are about to embark on a large-scale finance systems change programme. We are looking for someone who will be hands on, obsess over the details and be integral to the success of this project
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Be an integral part of the programme team as the business embarks on a finance transformation programme which will impact finance process, and the finance systems.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels within the business to help identify their needs
- Assist on proposals, tenders, and quotations
- Assist in decision making on vendor selection
- Manage the vendor relationship
- Sit as the conduit between Finance & IT and identify areas of technological improvement within Finance
- Finance Systems experience in a technical role (e.g. architect/ systems lead/change analyst)
- Experience of process improvement and change implementation within Finance Systems
- Must have experience of multiple systems (e.g. ERP, BI, TMS - Oracle, SAP, IBM, etc.)
- End to end implementation experience
- You can liaise effectively with key stakeholders and build relationships at all levels.
- Experience of the finance systems environment and acting as a Business Analyst on finance systems implementations / upgrades.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary (tell us what you are worth) + benefits.
- Relaxed, creative environment.
- Stunning office.
Must have the right to work in the UK
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place. So, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile.
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high performance culture.