Software Developer, Data Engineering & Analytics (Famous Company)
- Smarter than your average bear
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Winston fox
- 06 Dec 18
Owning all Investment Data in one the Worlds most successful and famous Hedge Funds. Using MSSQL, Python, C#, Kafka, Pandas, Jupyter, Powershell, OpenShift, Elasticsearch and much more.
- Passionate about Big Data and Financial Markets?
- Have excellent programming skills and depth of understanding in Python?
- Have broad experience with MSSQL, Kafka, Pandas, Jupyter, Powershell, OpenShift, Elasticsearch?
- Enjoy fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environments?
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges and roles?
- Love technical problem-solving?
If you answered yes? Then this position is the best on the market!
The Data and Analytics team and this firm is looking to add an experienced Engineer to their team due to company expansion and desired to eat more and more data, including new and alternative sources. The successful candidate will be working in collaboration with investment teams across the firm, and the role requires someone who is both analytical and technical as they will be responsible for the end-to-end search, procurement, integration and initial analysis of a steady river of data that will inform the firms' investment decisions. They are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about data with a genuine love for problem-solving and idea creation. The role is very fast moving and varied, with plenty of opportunities to continually improve, add to and change existing processes. Candidates can expect to work with a wide variety of technology, including but not limited to MSSQL, Python, C#, Kafka, Pandas, Jupyter, Powershell, OpenShift, Elasticsearch and much more.
- Integrating and preparing large, varied data-sets and creating generic processes for consuming, analysing and communicating the results of the data.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the firm to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound investment decisions.
- Digging into and exploring data; identifying features and issues, and communicating them to the front office in a clear and concise way.
- Automating and improving processes; taking responsibility for data quality, monitoring, and anomaly detection.
- Designing, building and deploying tools used across the business and owning projects end-to-end.
- A solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals; knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how they can be applied.
- Mastery of Python, and not just as a scripting tool
- Extensive experience in querying, ingesting and manipulating large volumes of data using SQL
- Strong programming skills in any Object-Oriented language
- Knowledge and understanding of web technologies.
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools and technology.
- Comfortable developing across multiple platforms.
- Experience with Apache Kafka or similar stream processing platforms.
- Experience working with a variety of data storage and manipulation tools such as Pandas, Jupyter, Elasticsearch & Kibana.
Founded in 1990's, this firm is one of Europe’s foremost hedge fund managers specialising in global equities with $40b in AuM. They are headquartered in London with offices in New York; and Hong Kong. They are multi-award winning investment firm with several accolades, such as Best Hedge Fund and most innovative Hedge Fund. The firm is fully dedicated to the objective of providing its clients with a persistent, risk-adjusted return on their investment. Through their range of products, investors can select funds offering variable sources of alpha and beta, in different combinations, from equity markets around the world. They run traditional, fundamental long/short investing grounded in stock-specific analytical research and a pioneering, and proprietary, systematic, fund.
The company employs approximately 300 people worldwide and has established itself as one of Europe’s foremost asset managers. Recognition of the need to retain a competitive edge provides the background for a work environment that encourages innovation. They have a distinctive culture that is meritocratic, challenging, innovative and intense. The company defines success by the quality of return delivered to investors. The talent, passion and vision of their people are the engines that drive the company’s evolution. They have a set of values rooted in integrity, entrepreneurial flair and professional excellence, and the atmosphere at the firm is collaborative and dynamic while offering considerable potential for rapid individual advancement and professional growth.