My client, an established Insurance technology platform are looking for an experienced SDET to join their high calibre development team. You will be working with a small team of .NET developers, combining manual and automated regression testing using a range of testing tools. The role will work across multiple projects, each of which cover a broad range of web technologies. You will require a solid understanding of Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration and Delivery and have an appreciation of insurance products, terminology and concepts.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree educated
- 3 – 5 years of experience in similar testing role
- ISTQB/ ISEB test certification or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven experience of creating and maintaining automation test suites using Selenium WebDriver, C# and SpecFlow.
- A solid understanding of test and defect management using tools such as TFS.
Main duties will include:
- Quality assurance of continuous software delivery with a focus on both functional manual and automation testing
- Work as a member of a cross functional agile team to ensure that quality is the primary focus during every delivery
- Design, develop, and support new existing automated testing suites and frameworks for each client
- Work closely with software engineers, business analysts and product owners to ensure that all scenarios for a given feature set are properly defined and well understood
- Encourage a strong desire to automate all repetitive and repeatable testing activities
- Perform manual testing of new functionality and regression of existing functionality using various test techniques
- Help with product support (no user support). This will involve monitoring and responding to support tickets, triaging issues and resolving where possible, else raising a change to be done by development.
- Obtain project and system knowledge from developers/business analysts and product managers to ensure a well-rounded understanding of business needs being delivered
- Maintain testing standards and ensure that they are adhered to, as well as actively contribute to the overall test process improvement efforts
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects to constantly improve ways of working across the team and organisation
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients
- Working in an agile environment