Software Development Engineer
The Product Advisor - Answer Enrichment team is on a mission to create rich, follow up experiences to Alexa's product answers.
When customers ask questions like "Alexa, what are the best headphones," we allow them to follow-up on their in the moment ask at a convenient time, with a web / mobile experience to explore the product category and related content. We intend to delight, inform, and educate customers with deeper product insights and exploration, saving their time when researching, and increase their engagement with Alexa and Amazon.
We will soon be launching our first end to end experience for customers, so you will join a team building its architecture from the ground-up.
To meet this challenge, we need to work on ambiguous problems cutting across many technical and business domains, and leverage a wide variety of technology, and sources of product data, from Amazon and third parties.
We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop, delivering features our customers love- at high quality, and at scale. Leveraging existing Amazon services and components, and innovating novel capabilities as needed, you will work closely with your team to deliver business value and customer facing features.
Join us today, and you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's (or above) Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Go, Python, Ruby, C++, or C PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience working in an agile, fast-iterating software development environment
• Passion for creating and building the best user experience
• Hand-on experience with front-end technologies such as AJAX, jQuery, JSP, React, HTML and CSS