Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION The video entertainment industry is at an exciting crossroads. Billions have been invested, market-leaders are emerging, and cutting-edge digital video services are delivering award-winning original programming. There's never been a better time play a major role in this disruptive revolution.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (such as Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set.
The Client Services team runs the largest scale platforms at Prime Video globally. We are responsible for all device traffic, authentication, routing, traffic shaping, device on-boarding, Geo-IP location / Routing, Customer Preferences and Settings, Parental Controls in over 240 countries. We are leading work with a number of AWS technologies that is cutting new ground.
Our challenges are unique - you will solve technical challenges in large-scale distributed computing, performance, scalability, security, working with our custom built and AWS technologies. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run Amazon Video worldwide and interface with many teams.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
• Highly proficient in at least one of Java, C++, C#, Objective-C.
• Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• OS fundamentals and systems architecture.
• Cloud computing, large-scale and high-availability distributed architecture.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Linux/UNIX including command-line tools and scripting.
• Databases including SQL, noSQL, schema design and optimization.
• Big data, machine learning and other statistical analysis.
• Highly pragmatic; we use technology to solve real-world problems expediently.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.