Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Amazon's Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel, renew at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Who We Are
Video Commerce Checkout UI team builds the user interface and components responsible for delivering the full checkout experience for Amazon's Prime Video. Whether customers are looking to subscribe to Prime Video, Channels or simply purchase or rent a movie or TV show, they see and interact with our UI - in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide across devices. Our UI platform handles millions of transactions every year, requiring a high quality bar, whilst allowing us to have a huge customer impact with new UI experiments, innovation, and creativity.
How We Work
Our pizza-team believes in transparent communication, discuss design ideas, and have an Agile mindset, developing processes around this, together, as we grow. We expect everyone to engage in discussions and want to continue developing an innovative culture where every idea is listened to. The team owns the end-to-end delivery including supporting our customers.
We are currently working on a number of exciting customer-facing and next gen architectural projects. With a team of highly experienced and like-minded individuals, we need someone to help influence, shape our architecture vision and technically lead the team into the next evolution of checkout experiences for our customers. This is a full stack role, working on both client- and server-side components. Our new platform stretches the traditional notions of scale, even for Amazon! A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, and, help other engineers to grow.
What You'll Do
• Solve technical problems in an ambiguous space with a huge customer/architecture impact
• Develop and have input into the design of the architecture used for both our user interface and backend services
• Work with key stakeholders throughout Prime Video and beyond at Amazon
• Help shape our technology stack now and into the future
What You'll Bring
• Proven experience in implementing new technical architecture in an ambiguous area and delivering with the team
• Strong experience in systems design & architecture, including actively participating in design reviews with your team and/or others
• Experience influencing professional software engineering best practices for your team and others, across the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code & design reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, security, and operations
• Experience working directly with customers, senior management, and/or business/product teams to influence your team's roadmap & prioritisation and delivery plan
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with cloud computing on AWS, and large-scale, high-availability distributed architectures that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with frontend development utilising React and TypeScript
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between