Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION In the Amazon Fire TV team, we are creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is delivering new experiences to Fire TV devices in a startup like environment.
In this role you will primarily focus on full stack development work, however, you will need to understand how your work impacts and is impacted by the device architecture and the backend cloud services. You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon's long-term vision, including innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in cloud service architecture, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
• Be part of the development team of new innovative features and applications on device and initiatives across the organization.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
We are looking for passionate and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis)
• Great programming skills with at least one modern language including object-oriented design
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.