Software Development Engineer - Alexa Imagine
DESCRIPTION With an ever increasing amount of Alexa interactions now on screened devices, like the Echo Show 10 or Fire TV, we have an opportunity to make Alexa more engaging by providing informative and educational multimedia content to delight our user when they ask questions like "Who are BTS?" or "Show me pictures of pink cats" or "What is the stock price of Amazon?"
Our team focus on enabling the best multimedia experiences possible for first-party (1P) and third-party (3P) Alexa skill developers, through compiling a deep and diverse corpus from a variety of online and professional sources and developing techniques to generate visuals not just relying on static content like images.
We have ambition to scale which will require automating intelligent multimedia classifiers, and provide ever greater level of relevance, quality and precision with our content.
Your responsibilities include:
• Taking Ownership of, and delivering, high quality developments to our services as part of a cross-functional team.
• Holding the bar high for Operational Excellence, diving deep when issues arise to continuously improve the experience for our users
• Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration.
• Developing with a range of database technologies like Amazon DynamoDB and ElasticSearch
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Python.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience of front-end technologies like React or Vue.js
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience of shipping and operating high throughput microservices
• Experience of developing an Alexa Skill
• Experience with Machine Learning or Computer Vision techniques