Software Development Engineer - Alexa International
DESCRIPTION We're on a mission to get Alexa into more devices, and we're looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the team.
As part of the team, you'll be working with our partners to build Alexa into their devices, ranging from soundbars to set-top boxes and streaming media players. With a focus on working with global operators, your work will be in millions of customer's living rooms.
You will be developing new features for Alexa that will delight our customers, then working with partners to bring these to life in their devices. You'll take responsibility for delivering high-quality, delightful features all the way from conception to the customer. This is a new team, so there's lots of opportunity to shape how the team works, what problems we tackle and how we make great products. You'll be working with multiple internal and external teams in a variety of roles, so you'll have plenty of visibility for your work and contribution.
On the technical side, we're looking for a Software Engineer with interest in working with low-level software running on device hardware, preferably with some experience of C/C++ and embedded Linux, but who is also comfortable working across a variety of environments including server-side software. Equally importantly, we want someone with great teamwork and communication skills and who thrives in novel situations where there's no playbook to follow.
• Developing and launching product features for Alexa to create a delightful customer experience.
• Working with partner's engineering teams to integrate Alexa with new hardware and devices
• Participating in design reviews, prototyping new technology and evaluating technical feasibility with your peers and colleagues.
• Addressing all aspects of technology and service readiness
• Interacting with engineering, product, business and other teams across the company and with partner teams as well
• Designing and developing high quality code in an Agile/Scrum environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related technical field, or relevant experience
• Professional software development experience
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Excellent coding skills in at least one modern programming language such as: Java, Python, C++, C#.
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Comfortable collaborating with teams with very different technical skills, and non-technical teams
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience or interest in working with embedded device software
• Experience or interest in working with prototype hardware
• A demonstrated passion for getting things to work and solving challenging problems
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment