- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base Salary + Bonus + Pension + Benefits
- Full time
Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager required to lead strategy and delivery of a platform to support the business with client initiatives related to obligations and commitments. You will have strong .Net Development skills and experience managing a SCRUM teams of developers and analysts
Overview of role
The Capability Lead is a development manager who leads a number of Capability aligned agile teams. These individuals will exhibit the principles and practices of Lean-Agile leadership and play a key role in providing technology leadership and orchestrating Capability (Product) strategy, ownership, team, change, and operations. They have accountability for effective value delivery for the Capabilities they manage.
We are looking for a Development Manager who can still code but will have responsibility for technical strategy and delivery of a new platform.
- Ensuring, and championing, that technology are represented in key decisions and strategy discussions, working closely with business owners to jointly resolve problems.
- Ability to take a multi-dimensional approach to problem solving, considering all aspects for the issue including people, process, data and technology.
- Experience in operating at all stages and levels of the delivery lifecycle – from board level strategic direction conversations to low level discussions about items such as data attributes, technical debt resolution and interconnectivity.
- Line management, stakeholder management and budget/roadmap management experience
- .NET development using C#, ideally
- .NET Core
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Behaviour Driven Design (DDD)
- Event-based architectures
- Agile working practices and thinking process as a developer
- Experience of managing people within large software development teams
- Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies (SAFe ideally)
- Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Ability communicate how the work (features and stories) delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics and, ultimately, the strategy of the firm
- Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Certified Safe Agilist (SA)
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to manage a large team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Earn respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.