Software Development Manager
DESCRIPTION Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The Prime Video Financial Systems organisation is seeking a software development manager to lead the building of world-class bespoke financial software to support our expanding global video business.
You will lead the team who will shape the engineering vision of procure to pay systems. Working with Product Managers and key stakeholders, you will own the Prime Video accounting system vision and strategy to enable dynamic rule based processing of input data and accurate tracking of asset/liabilities. You will provide the engineering team with coaching in design, development, testing, and operations of Prime Video financial systems and services. This job will challenge you on various fronts - you will solve technical challenges associated with optimizing business processes and supporting multiple accounting rules; managing large data sets effectively and efficiently; delivering and maintaining secure, scalable and performant accounting systems. You will drive innovation and future solutions that will impact how we run systems that support the expansion of Amazon Video worldwide.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
• Experience of hiring and managing a team of Software Engineers developing complex, world class, scalable software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Demonstrable knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience developing financial or accounting software
• Experience in many technologies across the full stack, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and data stores and all points in between
• Experience of engineering scalable event driven systems and processing large data sets
• Spring framework, React (js)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of belief colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process. All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.