£80,000 - £130,000 base + generous bonuses
Experience: 2.5 - 10 years Job Description: Client
Arguably the world's most prestigious bank is seeking a creative software engineering with great communication skills to join their agile Risk Engineering team.
They run end of day risk calculations as well as intra-day risk calculations for their clients, who are predominantly hedge funds and brokers. Work will involve looking at areas like price moves and trading activity and basing it off how risky the clients want to be! Role
Joining a talented team of ambitious engineers, you'll be facing off to risk managers, as well as the Strats and quants doing model development. There are no BAs in this team; you will gather the requirements directly off technical and non-technical people alike. Sometimes you'll need to be pragmatic and build something fast, and at other times you'll explain to your clients why you should spend longer on something to make it sustainable.
They use Java mostly (with noSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB), but want people who have used multiple languages. They use Python to provide analytics for risk managers, as well as C++ for parts of the platform that require speed. They operate in an agile environment (Kanban). Skills and Experience Required
Benefits & Incentives
- Excellent academics in a hard science that involves programming (Computer Science and Maths preferred)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, C++, or similar languages
- Solid CompSci fundamentals with a pragmatic approach to technology and keen desire to learn
- Happy working as part of a global team; delivering results quickly, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
- Knowledge of one or more asset classes (Equities/FX/Credit/Rates/Commodities), pricing or risk a plus, but financial experience is not a prerequisite .
- Competitive salary + stock + benefits
- Cutting-edge technology in agile London team
- Flexible working and working from home opportunities
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Richard Allan
+44 (0)20 3137 9574