- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18
Location: London, England, United KingdomThis is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join Moody's CSS group in EMEA, to develop and maintain sophisticated credit risk models in C#.NET.
While the primary focus will be C#.NET, there will be the need to work with VB.NET, Excel, VBA and SQL as required. Some mathematical and financial knowledge is required, so that the mechanics of the analytical methodologies can be understood. Experience with foundational software development tools and processes is also required: source control, issue tracking, unit testing, continuous integration, etc
This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with thought leaders in credit risk and gain global exposure to a variety of asset classes with a strong focus on structured finance.
This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to use their own initiative and work without close supervision.
• Working directly with financial enginners in under to understand their modelling requirements
• Design, develop and maintain quantitative models using C#.NET, SQL, VBA and VB.NET
• If applicable, write the technical requirements of the quantitative models.
The successful candidate will join a growing CSS team that works to improve the quality and consistency of credit analysis and publish rating performance research
- Strong academic background, MSc or PhD in relevant areas like Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent C#/ C++, C#. NET, VBA, VBA.Net development skills
- Good Excel, VBA and SQL skills
- Experience with MATLAB is advantageous
- Relevant experience with capabilities in foundational software development tools and processes (i.e. source control, issue tracking, unit testing, continuous integration).
- Knowledge in Monte Carlo analysis and structured finance modelling is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English a must and another European language is an advantage.
- Detail oriented and highly organised
- Rigorous and analytical thought process
- Experienced in working to tight deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services is advantageous
- Able to work on own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.