- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Software Engineer
- This is an engaging and fast-paced role in which you'll develop a global platform for low latency electronic trading and price distribution to electronic venues
- Working alongside our traders, you'll enjoy a vibrant team environment while developing your knowledge of this exciting area
- You'll benefit from significant stakeholder engagement as you'll be a point of contact for your colleagues across the front office trading desk
- We'll look to you to take the electronic platform to the next generation in terms of market making, handling the increasing upward trend in volume and making the trading as low touch as possible
What you'll do
Sitting within NatWest Markets, you'll work on global dealer-to-client (D2C) government bonds and Interest Rates Swap electronic trading and price distribution. You'll handle any regulatory changes to the platform, ensuring they are completed on time and compliant with MiFID-II / MADMAR / EMIR. Working on the trading desk, you'll actively engage with our traders regarding new features, opportunities for enhancements and future roadmaps.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Developing low touch, high throughput electronic trading systems catering to ever increasing volume
- Contributing to the development of the Client Pricing Engine (CPE) next generation of low latency D2D and D2C electronic trading
- Improving the quality and maintaining the high standard of code quality through test driven development
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of core Java programming and real-time, low latency server side development. This will include multi-threading and OOAD. You'll have a strong focus on delivery, and a collaborative approach which allows you to build effective relationships with key stakeholders in technology and trading while promoting a robust team culture and work ethic.
Along with a background in development on large complex codebases, you'll have JUnit/TDD experience. You'll also have experience with specific electronic trading venues such as Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAxess, BondVision, iSwap,TrueEx, MTS, ESPEED.
You'll also ideally have experience with:
- Mockito (or any other Mocking framework)
- FIX, 29 West, KDB, Sybase, Google Protobuf, QuickFixJ, Linux & Windows server side development, Ivy, Spring, Subversion, code quality tools (for example Sonar)
- Agile software development
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At NatWest Markets, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.