- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us as a C# Software Engineer in London
- Design and develop state of the art applications and services in the NatWest Markets Data Exchange, and help us shape the future of our business
- Work with the latest technologies and hone your technical expertise in a collaborative, agile and forward thinking team environment
- As well as developing your technical talents you'll have the opportunity to build project and leadership skills which will open up a range of exciting career options
- The role is available at vice president level
What you'll do
The Data Exchange is responsible for technology delivery, support and change related activity relating to cross asset market data, reference data and analytic data. You'll design, develop and test applications and technical solutions in line with business requirements and the needs of our customers. This will involve working with lead engineers, architects and business stakeholders to build an understanding of business needs and collaborating to deliver innovative solutions to agreed budget and timescales.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working within the strategic architecture of the Market Data Exchange platform, reviewing it and making suggestions for improvements as requirements emerge
- Delivering code that meets functional requirements within the agreed timelines and in line with industry and client software standards, and architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Ensure we have detailed documentation of business requirements and technical specifications for delivered solutions
- Taking a disciplined approach to cost management and operational excellence in all areas of work, challenging the business on requirements to ensure best value for money while following development best practices
- Defining and executing unit tests and constructing software, performing integration and regression testing; planning deployment and execute post deployment checks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with excellent analytical and programming skills, and sound knowledge of n-tier architectures, service oriented and distributed architectures. You'll have experience with agile and test driven development methodologies, and will have good knowledge of abstract data structures and algorithms, and of graph databases. You should also have an understanding of fixed income and FX trading.
We'll look for you to demonstrate:
- Expert level development in C#, XML, Java, and OO design
- Experience of source control, defect management and build tools - preferably with Subversion
- Database experience, particularly with SQL Server
- Experience of user interface development, including Wpf and Html 5
- Experience of Excel add ins
- Google Cloud experience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and pension funding. We also offer a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.