Software Engineer/Developer - Scala/Kotlin/Haskell/Java
- Up to £130,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Oxford Knight
- 05 Jul 18 2018-07-05
This is a role for open source and functional enthusiasts looking to tackle problems in the FinTech space. Problem areas include complex networking, distributed computing and concurrency. All within an agile and greenfield environment.
In this role you will be a hands-on software developer working primarily in one or more of the following: Scala, Java, Haskell and Kotlin (although developers from any OO background will be considered). You will be working in a well-funded start up where your work will have a large and immediate effect on the business. Everything you build has to scale. You will have strong communication skills to be able to argue a point concisely as well as working collaboratively with all other members. You will partner with neighbouring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable software defined network systems.
This company was founded in 2014 and is a thriving start-up building disruptive distributed ledger technology for the FinTech industry. They are hiring the brightest developers with a real interest in technology to work on their core platform which is entirely open source. They’re willing to pay whatever it takes for the right developers and offer competitive company benefits. Their global ecosystem comprises of over 200 companies making it the largest collaboration of its kind in the blockchain space.
- Use of strong, collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, refactoring and related approaches, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages e.g. Scala, Java, Haskell or Kotlin (Any OO considered)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- Open source and functional enthusiast!
- Proficient with REST APIs, ETL and Data Processing (Nice to have)
- Experience in multi-threaded programming (Nice to have)
- Experience in distributed systems design and development (Nice to have)
- Financial benefits included such as a pension scheme and possibly equity
- Own space to work and own computer
- Regular team socials and free snacks/lunches
- Flexible holiday
- Real-impact on the business
- Collaborative environment to both learn from others and mentor