Software Engineer - Finance -Hedge fund - London
posted on 19 April 2017 in: Capital Markets Jobs ○ London ○ Permanent Salary: No Salary Cap + guaranteed bonus + sign on bonus to beat RSU pay outs - e.g. £350K year 1. Summary:
My client applies scientific methodology to investment management. This technology driven principle offers a unique approach to the financial markets unlike any other competitors.
- 22,000,000 Gigabytes of data to test and develop investment models.
- 10,000 data sources, both public and proprietary
- 87,000 CPUs with 1,000 terabytes of memory
- 1X10^14 calculations per second, with 100 teraflops of computing power
You'll be joining a diverse team of 25 people, with specialties in Math, Stats, Computer Science and physics. Together you will combine massive amounts of Data, world class computing power and financial expertise to develop sophisticated trading models. You'll be working on state-of-the-art networking technology and internally-optimized processors and operating systems, which combine to achieve some of the lowest latencies in the finance industry. Requirements:
You'll be an engineer with a true passion for Big data, Machine Learning and Distributed systems.
Salary and Benefits:
- Any O-O language. (JAVA, C etc.)
- Strong Academic record with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a scientific discipline.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Experience in large-scale systems is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience in Finance is not essential.
- No Salary Cap - (We've seen candidates receive salaries of £350k)
- Artificial intelligence programming completion
- Healthy work life balance with a gym + large free food kitchen + gaming etc.
- Encouragement of personal projects, with Hacker Lab Workshops where co-workers bring in projects to share and cultivate ideas.
If you want to know more, please get in touch!
email@example.com or 020 3475 7196
If you are interested in alternative roles please feel free to register below, and with our extensive network of industry contacts, we can help find the perfect position for you!
Oxford Knight - Dedicated recruiters in the City of London placing candidates in technology jobs across a wide variety of industries worldwide.