Software Engineer - Interest Rate Products Franchise
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
We are looking for a developer to play a key role in the London Interest Rate Products Franchise front office technology team. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople in the Goldman Sachs FICC trading environment. In addition to project based work, you will spend time on the trading floor providing support to traders and quantitative analysts. You will have exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies, including SecDb.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Development - Design, build and deploy critical trading applications, including intraday risk management and position keeping, trade booking, pricing and EOD processing applications. Development will be in Java or in a proprietary language (Slang/SecDb).
- Analysis - Liaise with traders, salespeople and strategists and other technology groups to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities.
- Support - All members of our development teams rotate through frontline support.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong technical and analytical skills (we are relatively agnostic to language)
- Clear and confident communicator- essential as this role will require interaction with traders and strategists
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a high-pressure work environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- First or 2:1 degree in an analytical subject (CS, Math, Engineering, Finance etc)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity