Software Engineer - Java / C# - IRD TRDG and Risk SYS - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
We are looking for a developer to join the global market data group as part of the wider interest rates derivatives technology group. This is a front-office development team managing the market data requirements for the interest rates global organisation as well as many requirements for the entire firm. This group is responsible for all systems around interest rate curve marking as well as other model related market data, developed in various languages including Java/C#/Scala.
We are currently going through a huge renovation of the systems migrating a large number of our legacy systems (Java / A+) to an internally developed framework (Scala). This is a huge undertaking and allows us an ability to completely re-design the systems and work with the clients to go back to basics and work out the requirements cleanly.
- You will work collaboratively with the local and extended global team as well as taking the initiative to solve problems to deliver the required functionality including both tactical and strategic initiatives. You will be required to work with the trading desk and strategists to help define requirements, specifications as well as the implementation.
- You should drive and manage projects through the full software development lifecycle to completion.
- You will design and develop solutions for market data tools and infrastructure in the Scala framework.
- You will need to participate in support rota to provide help for our system users and ensure production environment stability.
- Strong Java development experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic standard design patterns.
- Knowledge of Linux / Unix tools and development environments.
- Knowledge / experience of Scala development - beneficial
- Knowledge / experience of C# development.
- Experience of project / delivery management.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1