Software Engineer - Listed Clearing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. More About This Job
Listed Clearing Engineering partners closely as a front-to-back unit with Trading, Sales, and Operations to generate a direct impact on business revenue. We are committed to leading and building the best in class middle and back office platforms to meet dynamic client needs and high trading volumes. We connect clients to over 40 global markets and continually expand our platforms to process new markets and products. The industry is currently going through a transformation in how business is transacted and this directly impacts how our platforms are being designed, architected and distributed. It is an exciting time for you to make your impact on this transformation.
As a full stack engineer within the team you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, reviewing and testing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. We're agile, global and diverse and welcome fresh perspectives. You'll be expected to collaborate with engineers in our team and in adjacent teams and other stakeholders to ensure our solutions continue to drive our businesses forward. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will work within the global team to support both regional and global deliveries.
- You are flexible and will be able to seamlessly transition between different aspects of the technical stack.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have effective problem-solving coupled with strong analytical and technical skills.
- You will develop integrated scalable solutions across components utilizing micro-services, REST frameworks, APIs, ETL (extract, transform, load) frameworks.
- You will contribute to the migration of our digital platform from a legacy system to a new, green field system. The project will include both back end and front end, so you will have the ability to develop either or both skills sets.
- You will work to enhance our report offering, by improving delivery SLAs and building out additional features as requested by clients.
- You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation.
- 3+ years of Core Java development experience (Solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns).
- Similar expertise with equivalent object oriented languages also considered (e.g. C++/C#).
- 3+ years RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred - able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions)
- Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS2.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden their knowledge and demonstrates appropriate technical/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve their own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity