Software Engineer - Trading Platform Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to bring automation and algorithmic market making systems to the world's largest financial market - Fixed Income. Bonds have exploded in popularity and trading volume in bonds dramatically exceeds stock / equity market trading volumes with hundreds of billions in bonds traded on a daily basis. Our vision involves a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team and participate in the development and launch of best-in-class products for top clients at a top tier broker. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries in the GS Front office and drive GS FICC Trading into the future. Your Impact
This team is accountable for development of full stack applications to meet the evolving needs of our Global Markets business lines globally with rapid software development and deployment. As stewards of critical components in pre-trade systems and market-making execution, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor
. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance of the systems you build. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities and Qualifications
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For
- Our engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely with our trading and salespeople.
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role.
- You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team.
- You will have a great opportunity to develop your technical skills; we will provide support to help you grow.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- 2 - 5+ years of experience in building applications in a commercial environment.
- A solid understanding of object orientated programming skills (Java, Python, C++, or other OO technology) including data structures and algorithms.
- A good understanding of the principles behind test-driven development (TDD) with hands-on experience of unit testing.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, in particular ability to analyze non-trivial interdependencies between systems.
- Good communication skills with a history of user/team interaction.
- Highly motivated individuals that are committed and capable of working to timelines.
- Interest in financial services is expected; No industry experience is required - we will train you
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity