We are searching for highly motivated front-end Software Engineers with track record of success to join our expanding team. In this role you will be responsible for building and supporting client-side functionality in our cross Markets UI team. The Markets UI team builds and maintains our shared libraries and frameworks used across the set of applications that power our leading Markets Sales & Trading business.
You will have the opportunity to use the latest tools, languages and frameworks while working with a friendly team who have a wealth of experience. You will be able to learn about financial markets from colleagues and extensive training resources. As a UI developer you will influence application architecture, development process and contribute to internal frameworks and libraries and have the opportunity to see direct impact of your contributions on the trading floor and in client feedback from around the globe.
You will also play a key part in the migration of our non-Web UI applications to Web – working with developers across our businesses to migrate their applications, and helping to build migration paths that ease their transition. Experience using Qt or WPF is desirable as we maintain and migrate this codebase.
You will contribute features, enhancements and bug fixes and ensure the codebase is clean, well-structured and testable. The team will work alongside our Product and UX colleagues to perform technical analysis of client requirements, participate in estimation, planning and architecture design sessions.
· Experience working with Typescript & React to build complex web applications
· Experience building desktop application with non-Web technologies, e.g. Qt or XAML/WPF
· Experience in building high-performance desktop/web applications
· Experience in test driven development using modern source control and continuous integration
· Understanding of OO and functional programming paradigms
· Understanding of full software development lifecycle and agile approach
· Computer Science foundations
· Experience working Python to write UIs (namely, enaml/ipywidgets)
· Experience working in large mono-repo codebases, where code often rolls out to production within minutes
· Experience leading a team would be advantageous
· Familiarity with Investment Banking, FinTech, or Financial Markets