- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Software Engineer FinTech
Location: London, England, United KingdomAn exciting opportunity for a front end Software Engineer to join Moody's Analytics' Economics and Structured Analytics team. The successful candidate will be working on our award winning flagship analytics platform used globally by hedge funds and investment banks.
- Front & back-end development (AngularJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS)
- Provide feedback on requirements from a technical perspective, and provide estimates for user stories and tasks.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations Investigate and find the root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Maintain technical documents.
- Develop reusable frameworks/components. Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and independently manage time. Has superb analytical skills and persistence in problem solving.
- Drive adoption of new technologies to help us build better products
- Work with minimal guidance from senior team members
The Structured Analytics & Valuations division of Moody's Analytics creates award winning software, comprehensive datasets and transparent models for the securitization market. Our platform is widely recognized for its unique abilities to support detailed analysis of the most sophisticated structured debt products. Our clients vary from regional banks to Tier I investment banks to hedge funds who structure, manage, and invest in the structured finance market. Our data content reflects past performance of transactions as well as models of the structural rules (waterfalls) governing them. Our analytic models allow customers to analyse the performance of these securities for pricing, trading, and risk management purposes. Our teams in South San Francisco, New York, London, and Tokyo support over 100 clients globally.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions
- Experience within software development on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design and implementation
- Basic understanding of both relational databases and NoSQL databases such as Elastic Search and MongoDB
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.