Software Engineer II - C#
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
The Elysian application is a real-time trading and matching platform used to match orders in cash, physical and over-the-counter (OTC) markets, including fixed income/repo and commodities. It supports multiple execution styles including central limit order book, auctions and RFQs.
We are a small, dedicated and focused team of open-minded, experienced developers, all based in the London office. We directly shape the future of the product and are trusted to make all the technical decisions. We are developing a leading-edge trading platform where we have the flexibility to make our own decisions about the development process, architecture and technology. We are an innovative and reactive team offering quick answers to technological challenges and business opportunities, both for external and internal customers.
- Develops application features, components or modules.
- Develops unit test with minimal guidance.
- Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
- Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
- Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred.
- A solid background in maths and computer science, a good knowledge of basic data-structures, algorithms and algorithmic complexity.
- Previous experience of development in C# or similar
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Be interested and enthusiastic about technology and finance, have the desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why would you want to join our team?
- You will not be told how to do things, we expect you to work autonomously, prioritize your own work and think about the customersâ€™ needs.
- We're redesigning the system to be a modern, scalable, high performance architecture. Creative new ideas are welcome, everybody who is interested can be involved in the decision making process.
- You get to learn about a broad range of financial products.
- Everything you do directly affects the customers and is in use by thousands of people every day.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.