Software Engineer Lead
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are looking for experienced software engineer to lead development and support of PIMCO trade sizing and allocation platforms. At an intersection of Trading Floor Optimization program and day-to-day critical trading operations and portfolio lifecycle the group is to deliver on a heavy transformational agenda as well as to maintain stable technology platform running $2+trillion asset manager.
In your role you will partner with senior leads in Portfolio Management and Trade Support and drive business and technology strategy for the product, manage global book of work and oversee a team of engineers building and supporting applications in the function. Responsibilities:
- Manage full lifecycle of a large software product supporting global cross asset trading function.
- Partner with business stakeholders and help defining portfolio maintenance and allocation optimization models.
- Define application architecture for the transformation part of effort and manage implementation.
- Manage a global team of engineers building and supporting the platform.
- BS/MS or equivalent degree in CS/STEM/Finance or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering.
- 5+ years in Finance/Front Office related position, Asset Management is preferred.
- Experience managing development teams.
- Experience designing medium/large software systems with significant footprint on the desktop.
- Expertise in either .NET or Java development.
- Experience building UIs in html5 is a plus.
- Experience building software for and integrating with MS Excel is also a plus.
- Experience with Fixed Income products is a plus.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office