Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supports high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Software Engineer specializing in Python who is passionate about building products/applications that people find useful and enjoy using. At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading applications, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed.
No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. You will work alongside exceptionally sharp colleagues, learn how to write fail-safe code and improve performance and scalability of GUI and other applications, a real challenge and a rare opportunity!
What will you work on
This role will involve working on QT based Python trading applications. A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. Projects may include building a brand-new trading GUI (for internal use), upgrading existing applications, designing a completely application from scratch. We will share more technical details in the interviews.
You will work very closely with traders and trading platform developers. You’ll have an opportunity to improve your knowledge of building high-performance scalable applications, understand broader system architecture and to understand algorithmic crypto currency trading.
We are open to experience from both personal and work-related projects. Interest in algorithmic trading is a plus.
Hard Skills requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Python 3
- Familiarity with Linux on desktops and servers
- Experience building high-performance GUI applications (e.g., the ones working with a very large volume of live data)
- Experience implementing client-server systems in Python
- Understanding concepts of asynchronous IO
- Some familiarity with C++ would be an advantage
- Quantitative/reasoning skills
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner and not like a 9-to-5 or contractor mentality
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in GUI/Front End development at Wintermute specifically. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We are able to arrange a UK visa sponsorship for the right candidates