Software Engineer / Developer – C++ / Python / JAVA – Risk Models Group
- £750 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Maxfield Search
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Our client is a major Banking Group seeking an experienced, numerate IT engineer / developer to join a highly regarded team that supports a major quantitative function in the development a suite of models and tools as they roll out a new Counterparty Credit Risk platform.
You will be working directly with the quant team in the implementation of Libraries and coding of Models across a broad range of Asset classes. Your background will ideally be such that you have prior experience in building risk systems using C++, Python or Java and have a broad range of exposure to the following:
- Significant experience in C++, Python or Java (expertise in any 2 or all 3)
- Can deliver projects with a strong emphasis on Testing (unit testing, UAT, testing code)
- Solid understanding of software development and full product life cycle steps.
- Knowledge of financial products, valuation methods, and regulatory reporting preferred but not essential
- Passion for solving business problems through the use of technology.
Key Personal Attributes
- A demonstrable track record of delivering significant work in previous projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to discuss technical issues to a quantitative audience
- Strong critical reasoning skills.
- Flexibility in approach and motivated by diverse workload but can also maintain a detail-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Being ‘hands-on’, enjoying success through actual delivery of work and hitting project targets.