Software Engineering Senior Manager
- Salary: Highly competitive + Excellent Bonus and Pension
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 22 Apr 19
Software Engineering Senior Manager $trillion Asset Manger Based in the City of London The role involves leading a team which designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure, reviews and interprets system requirements and business processes, and codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions. Salary: Highly competitive + Excellent Bonus and Pension
The successful applicant will lead a team which designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure, reviews and interprets system requirements and business processes, and codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
• Provides leadership and direction through a team of software engineers.
• Is accountable for the performance and results of applications/platforms specific to a department.
• Helps translate business and technology strategy to achieve key business objectives defined in collaboration with senior management.
•Decisions are guided by department and Business Unit strategy and objectives with results assessed with a near term and long-term perspective.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of products/flows within the supported businesses
- Articulates broader business concerns and/or regulatory landscape, including key risks and controls (e.g., GDPR, MIFID, SOX)
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader business strategy
- Stays current with best-of-breed technologies
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Converses in many technologies and learns new technologies quickly
- Defines testing strategy for products and ensures adherence to strategy
- Considers the long-term operation and ownership of systems being developed. Works with stakeholders within agreed operating models
- Is responsible for tracking and management of technical debt across the applications they manage.
- Capable of leading projects in one or more SDLC methodologies (e.g. Scrum), operating with efficiency and transparency
- Experience scaling and managing 10+ member teams
- Experience delivering cloud based digital web solutions for a large/complex organization
- Experience leading web development and web content management initiatives in support of digital marketing organizations.
- Experience leading the development of cloud-based software applications and managing cloud migration initiatives, preferably using the AWS platform.
- Experienced in the development and architectural design of containerized and serverless applications and micro services using AWS components such as ECS, Lambda, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, Aurora, and DynamoDB.
- Experience managing teams of high-skilled software engineers working with technologies such as Java, AWS, SQL, Typescript, Angular, CSS, HTML5.
Experience working with commercial and/or open source web content management systems. Adobe Digital Marketing Cloud / Adobe Experience Manager / Adobe Campaign preferred.
- Manages a development team to deliver projects which achieve target outcomes
- Demonstrates master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery
- Applies people management skills to coach, mentor and develop engineers in the team
- Accountable for the quality, TCO, maintainability and security of the solutions built by the team
- Identifies non-obvious relationships and anomalies often over looked by others
- Balances strategic and pragmatic concerns when solving problems
- Detects and overcomes issues before the broader team is aware of them
- Provides timely feedback and coaching to individuals and teams using data to reinforce learning
- Is accountable for the development of direct reports
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management of associates
- Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
- Experienced in leading large software development projects in terms of team size, technical complexity and/or organizational complexity
- Is the manager responsible for the technology stack and technical roadmap for one or more of the firm’s professional investor oriented web applications.
- Is responsible for technical alignment of their web applications within the larger digital web technology domain.
- Acts as a technical product owner; balances delivery of business capabilities with implementation of technology strategy.
- Ensures adoption of modern software development best practices including secure SDLC, test automation, CI/CD, DevOps, in accordance with the firm’s cloud adoption strategy.
- Owns and manages TCO reporting for their applications.
- Works closely with product owners, develops intimate understanding of business strategy and direction.